Monday, May 14, 2007

Wrong Games

I dunno what it is at the moment but i just cant play multis properly. I get bored and impatient an hour or 2 in and undo any patient stack ive built up previously. I enter them thinking im in the mood to play them but every time i find myself thinking why did i enter this. The answer being i know its my biggest source of income but i also know its a waste of time playing the wrong type of poker games. Enjoyment factor is much more important than the money for sustaining an enjoyable poker career and with this in mind im going to really limit my multis and just play stts and cash with plenty of breaks which at the moment suits me best.

Saying that ive still had some huge stacks lately. In mansion (700 players) yesterday i was 3rd/200 before not cashing and today (600ish entrants) i lost a 80%+ preflop to have gone 18th/160 and again not cashing. I also was 1st/18 in a small multi (pays to 10) before losing AA vs 55 and a couple of other ridiculous pots and busting 14th earlier today. I always struggle with the bad beats when my poker brain is not in the mood and the last 2 days reminded me of this again.

Im only about level for the month so far which is no issue, im just more concerned about other things which is obviously affecting the time/play/games i have and will play this month.

No comments: