Monday, August 28, 2006

Keep Trying Them Big Results Will Come

Thats what i keep telling myself anyway :)

$154 CPC shootout, i must play these as much as possible, the standard short handed standard is terrible. There were 42 entrants and the 2nd level is 10 seated so i got a 1st level with only 4 players on the table. As is the norm with these shootouts i win mine and have to wait 45 minutes before the other 9 finish then its 10 handed win only. Very very tight table so big element of luck in the 10 handed one which i was running ok on until 5 left. Preflop AQ vs 77 to have gone 1st/5 with 30% of the chips in play, a 6k stack with blinds of 100,200. Would like to think i would have been well over 30% to win due to the skill factor short handed and my big stack but it simply was not to be. U have to be lucky to win these sort of finals as they are just too tight and short stacked for any proper poker.

My $160 game (15 entrants) at 10pm went well and i was huge chipleader approaching and at the final table. I sustained the stack well but never increased the stack as i lost 2 out of 2 coinflips and came 2nd in a 3 way pot all for big pots that would have put me huge stacked compared to the others. I then lost another huge pot 6 handed giving away my lead 88 vs 1010, i made the money (pays to 4) without being called all in and then i lost another huge pot with top pair vs bottom 2 pair in a blind battle. I was crippled then, but i did get some luck to stay in further (i was still cursing not getting the luck on the bigger pots earlier though as life would have been so much easier). When we went 3 handed i was weak stack and played it well eventually doubling up 33 vs A6 , yes i won a coinflip !!!. Only shortly after that i lost the biggest pot of the game AQ vs 1010 to have gone 23k vs 7k heads up, again i was crippled but doubled KK vs KJ only for A10 to run into KK a few hands later and cripple me again ! I eventually lost A3 vs A7 i think it was and of course the kicker counted !!!. $550 for 3rd ($1500, $875 1st and 2nd).

So that puts me $240 up on the day with 2 failed attempts at the EPT and the CPC, on another day the lucks in as well as the good play and i clean up. My cards were not great in the $150 overall so 3rd in the end is pleasing enough.

No comments: