Wednesday, July 31, 2013

My Top 8 Las Vegas WSOP 2013 Experiences - 1: $600 Stud Hi-Lo Venetian Win

This takes top spot for the trip although only just because it was my first proper live win and I even got a trophy !

Cant say too much about this except I was incredibly lucky, especially around the bubble when I was short and allin a couple of times and then on the 2nd day when 12 of us returned (I was average stack) and I basically hit everything. At one point I think I had 50% of the chips with 6 of us left !

Ive been playing Stud Hi-Lo a lot more in the last year and it had already climbed to my 2nd favourite type of poker behind plo8.   I often play short handed though so this helped in the late stages but I have to adjust when we play 7 or 8 handed as I rarely do this online.

As for the tournament itself it was my 2nd entry of the trip and I only able to enter as I hadn't made day 2 of the $1,500 WSOP on the first full day of the trip.  There were only 95 runners so the cash I won wasn't huge relative to the trip but it did allow me to "freeroll" the rest of the trip at just under $15k and obviously relaxed me, increased my confidence, etc etc for the rest of the trip.

Heres link to my up to date Hendon Mob list and below is a photo of me and the heavy marble trophy which at about 4kg nearly put me over the luggage allowance on the flight back !


http://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/player.php?a=r&n=73098




See you next year WSOP, left the money behind the cage for an even bigger shot !

No comments: