Sunday, March 04, 2007

Tired Hungover Undisciplined Poker

Unfortunately i didnt realise just quite how much this would have an effect on my enjoyment and probably my play until i was well into a session. Probably a good $1000 lost on the day so it seems March has arrived to test me in a big way.

Tried some cash games on another new site but this was definitely not for me, a pot bet button means a lot of the looser players price me out of a pot too often. Anyway the most damage was done when i reraised a 12$ raise on 2,4$ to 33$ which was called by 2 players. I had KK and the flop was Qxx with 2 hearts. utg bet and i raised which made me committed to the bb who pushed (with QQ). utg came along too with QhJh and turn/river J made my KK look like 72off and i lost a $1200 pot. Simple cash variance, where was my plain jack high flop :( ? But anyway like i say first and last cash session on that site because of the pot bet button.

Tourneys same sort of story as late, committed to JJ on a 10 high flop, other guy has AA. Did win 88 vs JJ in mansion and progressed to a large stack for a bit. This then destructed when KJ ran into AA and then the final hand took the mickey when i raised with A%, flop 559. I had bet and been called, turn was a 8 and this guy had 67std. OH dear i wasnt happy about that one.

An early night was due but i returned at 3am for a $120 WSOP sub. Lets just say i felt unlucky but could have played the 1 hand differently that got me. ON a board of 3x4c6x5c i check called a half pot bet with AK convinced the other guy had overcards only (yes i should have pushed allin maybe) then called a river bet reluctantly when 9c rivered. He showed Jc8c, oh well about the only read i got all night was correct anyway.

So lessons learnt, dont play with a hangover (even if its only the latter tired stages) and just as importantly dont drink vodka !!

Doubt i will play much today, maybe a few cash games, but im out in the evening and i think im still shocked from yesterdays downfall.

Ooooh almost forgot full tilt admitted their error and i can play any other $216 satellite of my choice so it wasnt all bad yesterday, just most of it !!!

No comments: