Friday, March 30, 2007

A Different Friday

Normally ive already decided to go out and get drunk. If i havent then i usually consider the option most of the afternoon and end up going out and getting drunk anyway, unless ive got something lined up for saturday night instead. 2 nights drinking in a row never agrees with my body be it hangovers or just feeling generally lethargic for a couple days after.

So anyway its different, i cant drink with these painkillers so there is no option there. I continue a gradual recovery which basically still means im flat on my back 23.5hrs out of 24. I did conquer the boredom somewhat earlier when i played 2,4$ for 3 hours this afternoon. Went 500$ down before finishing 100$ up. I lost a pot KK vs AA for $860 so 100$ up felt like a great result in the end being down for 90% of the session.

Ive played a 12£ sub so far this evening and busted that but again find myself not in the mood to play for the time being. Maybe i will feel different a bit later and catch a drunk or 2 but i have no intention of playing unless i want to. Gone against that too many times this month. Will update below if i do play later.


Late night update:

Stupid stupid but understandable results. Heads up for $500 win only i blow a chiplead and get nothing. I take time out but come back a couple hours later. I play 2,4$ very disciplined and make 300-400$ in no time with some nice hands and pay offs. Then i make my usual mistake of moving to 5,10 as i see some shocking play there. I dont get any and i blow $1000 trying to bluff a guy how makes a ridiculous river call in my opinion and ive done another £500 on the day.

Monthly profit stands at only around £1500 now and maybe more importantly yearly low is my mood for the game and for life itself. This backache really has opened my eyes up to people that have constant pains like these, especially when they have done nothing to bring it on themselves. Im struggling to cope mentally after only 1 week, i cant begin to imagine what people with constant pain do to handle it. The pain isnt the worst thing, its the helplessness and the lack of freedom to do what u please independantly. Obviously ive played poker more to pass the time than to win money this week. Yes ive been disciplined and played well often but it doesnt last and ive also run bad and played like i couldnt care less in many games. I know this isnt the way to make a living from the game and i guess i should tone down my game completely until im 100% better.

Time to sign out, i hope i can stick to what ive said above. It isnt an issue if i take as much time as i like off. The game aint gonna make me feel any better thats for sure. Unfortunately i do hav a $120 and a $160 WSOP sub tommorrow so im forced to play some stuff whatever happens. Thank god for a blog to take this crap out on, i certainly have no other outlet at present stuck in bed etc.

No comments: