Friday, March 09, 2007

Betfair Response

Thank you for your e-mail.

I am sorry to hear you have been experiencing these problems, and we apologise for any inconvenience caused. We are aware of these problems (1) that are due to ISP Providers, who restrict bandwidth during peak hours. We are currently investigating the matter with them.

However, feel free to contact your ISP provider and ask them to open some ports for you. Maybe (2) that would help. May I suggest you update some critical software such as your Operating system (3) or Direct X. Also when running our software, it is best to close all other applications (4) running at the same time.

You may also visit http://www.3.betfairpoker.com/help/faqs/index.html for further troubleshooting problems (5). It is in our interest that you enjoy using our website, but please understand that some problems incurred are due to external problems (6), not internal. I do hope that this email has helped you and I hope there will be a time when you start using our software again.



LOL OK lets look at the labelled numbers parts to just go over this:

(1) Aware of the problems, wow as far as i understand the site has been up for about 6 months and whilst admitting problems they have failed to sort such a major problem for some players.

(2) LOL "Maybe" that would help, fills me with such confidence. I think ive made it clear that im not messing around with stuff like this as im no computer whizz and have no wish to tamper with things i have no idea about and shouldnt neeed to know about just to play a poker site.

(3) As (2) , i have no idea what they are talking about. LOOOOL

(4) OMG u are having a laugh and this seals the deal for me. No other poker sites at same time LOL, also i guess this implies no messenger or music software at the same time. Your poker site is just not good enough for me to warrant all that !!! .

(5) No thanks i aint wasting any more of my time to try to play hassle free on such a shitty graphics software.

(6) That makes me feel so much better, what exactly is this statement meant to achieve. As far i as read it it means: "The problems are not our own making so we are not responsible fully for them and we really have no idea how to sort them out fully due to this." Get a grip betfair !


That email made me laugh a lot and i figured i should post a response on here given i posted the original sent email.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had the same problems with the Betfair and got exactly the same response. They get so many complaints that they don't even bother to write their e-mails. Good template though :)

The ISP issue gave me laughts as I have connected to the net with a fixed line with a bandwidth of about 100MBps. Reinstalling the software didn't help either.

I tried to get refund from a tournament that I had missed because of the disconnection issue. I couldn't even unregister the participation. However, because the problem was in my end (never found out what it was?), the refund was not granted.

They have very much internal problems and I would suggest anyone considering the Betfair to stay away.

-OD

Robert "Animal" Price said...

Yep i agree 100%.

I would also like to mention that im pissed as a fart and i dunno what the heck is going on really.

If im able to play 2moz it will be a big bonner bonus cos ive already been sick and may b again.

Im never drinking again for a few days but at this minute in time i luv the fact ive discovered how much i really enjoy poker as a job for my life.

PS: Animal if u ever dumb again read these last 2 or 3 posts and realise what u got u big fool.

GL all