Monday, September 04, 2006

Sunday Woes And CPC Hand Details

Wow Sunday was a big struggle, very tired from a sleepless night after the CPC qualifier and i had a smacking headache which got worse the more i played.

Anyway i got deep into the $50k added (626 entrants) before losing a marginal pot odds call 9,10std vs QJoff which would have put me 18/200 at the time (pays to 70) but instead i went about 90th. I reluctantly nursed the short stack and eventually went out to a good example of why i play poker as a living.

3k stack in sb for 150, 2 off button 6k stack flat calls 300 and i make it 900 with KK to which he goes 6k all in with A10off !!!???!!! . Yes limp trap with A10off when its a short stack thats obviously committed and has a hand, if i have AQ or similar here i go all in preflop because i dont want a race but with KK i want action and get it but he hits 2 pair and im out. Pot was to go 50-60th/144 but not to be, happy with my play but wish i had gone out earlier to make it easier on my headache.

The EPT 140 euro game has a great structure and starting stack so i may try to qualify for some more of these although it does not bother me if i dont make any EPT games really. Anyway after a good start i committed all my chips to a 8810 flop with 86 but the early limper had A8off so i was gone, if i had spiked a 6 (or if hand other way round :) ) i would have been 7th/57 with it paying to 6 so would have been in a great position so it was a good way to go out.

Right on to the CPC as my heads clear, at least for the moment !

I was heads up in the first stage of the shootout and didnt really find an edge until level 2 or so when i think the other guy got a bit impatient. I finally virtually won raising the button with 53off and on a flop of 557 i bet a tiny continue bet which he called and the turn was a Q. I bet a bigger 240 bet into the 360 pot and he raised me with QJoff, i went all in and he called leaving himself with 270 chips which he lost next hand.

After the usual long wait LOL i hit the 10 handed tight final table in freeroll mood as i was very tired.

I floated between 1200 and my 2000 starting stack before surviving a AKstd vs QQ with a king on the river. At the time i was 8 or 9/9 and after that pot i was 2/9 , thats how tight the stacks were.

I overraised with marginal resteal hands a few times eg AJ in small blind to button raiser and 1010 also and was not called and progressed nicely to chipleader. Then came the luck marginal pot odds hand which certainly set the path for the win. With only 6 players left i raised to 600 and the small blind went 2000 all in. I only have Q9off but its 1400 to call for a 4200 pot so i have 33% odds and i playing a 6k stack so i can afford the knock. More importantly i can still win if i lose but im in a massive position if i call and win and its a win only game. I make the call and its Q9off vs AKoff. Board 910J10x and im up to 8k+ 1st/5 with over 40% of chips in play.

A couple more dropped out against each other and it was 3 way , stacks about 9k vs 7k vs 4k. I didnt agress too much as the blinds were costly if overraised but i picked the right spots and just sustained the stack before the other 2 faced off. I then was behind at the start of the heads up about 8500 vs 11500 i think with blinds 150,300. I actually had watched the guy i was heads up against finishing his heads up on the previous level as they were last to finish and he was very passive and had no moves so i set a game plan of agressing the button a fair bit and not trying anything silly against him at first.

First hand i raise to 900 and get reraised to 2700 lol, now i am not going to let this slow me down ive seen enough to know he dont make moves without the goods. So effectively its 7500 vs 12500 from here. Anyway i continue the agression and sure enough he is folding over 50% of hands when i only raise the 300 to 7 or 800 in total. Then comes what is the key pot apart from the winning one. I call his raise of 900 with 97std and the flop is 97x rainbow, i lead out for a weak 666 to confuse and hope he takes as weak and sure enough he makes it another 900 which i flat call so now there is 5k in the pot. Im hoping to get my chips in on the turn but he has position and when it turns a jack i chk and he also checks to my disappointment. The river is a nasty 8 meaning any 10 for the straight, i know i probably cant fold this heads up but i would rather call his bet or get him to induce a bluff if i check, so i check. He bets 2500 into the 5k pot and i flat call, he shows Q8off for a pair and i take down a huge pot. I think i was 13500 vs 6500 after this pot and he never recovered as i chipped away.

Then the final hand came, Jc5c and he tops up the button. Flop is Q4x with 2 clubs and i bet 400 into the 600 pot to take there or build biggie if i can hit. He raised me to 900 i think, it def was 800-1000 total. I flat call as i know hes passive and i dont wanna go allin and chase the draw against this player, although this would be an option, especially if i had overcard(s) to the top pair i put him on. He is passive so i'll give up on the turn and chip away if im not priced in to see the river cheap. Anyway the turn is a 7c :)) i bet weak looking 8 or 900 and sure enough he bites all in 3700 or something, i call and he has Q4 for flopped 2 pair and gets no help, im there :))

As i've said not that many posts back, keep playing and the way im playing i will get a big win. I'm glad my prediction came good :))

No comments: