Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Well what a month its been. Im glad to say i finished off with a nice $1680 winnings for 3rd/42 in the $270 game i played this afternoon. My exit was on a pot for almost 2/3 of the chips in play A9 vs 88 preflop but i had won a few coinflips and was lucky enough that my better hand (60-80% favourite) held up a few times as well so i cant really complain.

So my final winnings for May are £1900 cash and a $13000 WSOP main event package ($3000 hotel accomodation and $10000 buy in). Im very happy with those figures and i certainly would have took that if i had been offered it at the start of May. So close to the $22500 ladbrokes poker million package as well but in poker some things are just not meant to be so not to worry :)

Im not setting any targets for June as the world cup is on and im also in Scotland for at least a week and intend to have almost a complete break from poker up there. Hopefully the weather will be good also so i can make the most of that rather than be in front of a computer.

I have a $215 multi on party poker that i subbed for weeks back to play sometime in June.
I also have $182 and $160 qualifiers for smaller WSOP events to play in June. They are only 1/36 and 1/25 on paper but obviously my odds of winning are better. Both were only subbed for $25 or less so are basically no pressure freerolls anyway. As soon as ive played those i will decide my dates for Las Vegas and book my flight. (Less than 2 months to go :) )

No comments: