Monday, December 31, 2012

2012 Review

1 year ago i wrote....

"Final figure for 2011 came in at +£33,952
Best months were definitely when i was chasing rake/race or promotion which enduced me to put in more hours. Can tire me out but if im on 8-10hours a day at some point usually the games are good (even if they are bad for a long period too!)
Had a terrible vegas and its possible i might not go back this year, with all the sports stuff on in the summer. I would b surprised if i didnt go for 7-14days though. As above again:
Next year i will treat poker as a job more than ever.
Would be an easy cop out but to beat 2011 is 1st target. Ideally above £50,000 is 2nd and main target.
Havent been able to experiment fully on games yet cos of personal stuff but got a very good idea of what my plan of attack is for 2012."


Best months were definitely when i was chasing rake/race or promotion which enduced me to put in more hours ----> TOTALLY SAME THIS YEAR

Had a terrible vegas and its possible i might not go back this year, with all the sports stuff on in the summer. I would b surprised if i didnt go for 7-14days though  ----->   CANT REMEMBER EXACTLY BUT THINK IT WAS LIKE 20-25DAYS.  LOST ON MTTS BUT GRINDED THE LIVE CASH GAMES WITH MORE PATIENCE THAT EVER BEFORE TO GET BACK A GOOD % OF THE MTT BUYINS.   EXPECT TO GO NEXT YEAR FOR A SIMILAR TIME AND MAY PLAY MORE OF A MIX OF PLO AS WELL AS HI LO.

Next year i will treat poker as a job more than ever. -------> TOTALLY.  MORE HOURS THAN BEFORE. HATE IT SOMETIMES, LOVE IT OTHER TIMES.  THE MAIN COMPARISON IS WHEN IVE GOT AN 8HOUR A DAY PROMO GOING.  TURN COMPUTER ON NOT WANTING TO PLAY BUT ONCE IM 30-60MINS INTO THE DAY IM HAPPY AND THIS COMPARES A LOT TO MY OLD OFFICE JOB I USED TO ENJOY BACK 8 YEARS AGO !

Would be an easy cop out but to beat 2011 is 1st target. Ideally above £50,000 is 2nd and main target.  ----->   YIP AND YIP.   RAKEBACK NOW MAKES UP SUCH A BIG % OF MY PROFITS IM GOING TO DETAIL IT MORE NEXT YEAR THAN EVER AS PART OF MY PROFITS.   FINAL 2012 PROFIT BEFORE RAKEBACK WAS £50,380.   ADJUSTING FOR RAKEBACK UNCASHED WHICH I EXPECT TO CASH OUT IN THE 3RD OR 4TH QTR NEXT YEAR BASED ON MY TARGETS I CAN ADD £28,000 OF UNCASHED RAKEBACK TO THAT TOTAL TO GIVE ME MY 2ND BIGGEST YEAR IN 8 YEARS OF PLAYING POKER AT £78,380.


2012 started well for me but the wheels started to come off around mid May.  From then through to end of Aug i only roughly broke even including rakeback but it seemed to spur me on to make me work harder especially once Football, Vegas and Olympics distractions were out of the way.  I also booked my holiday at the end of Aug to the Caribbean which only served as good motivation to grind out from there on.  Since 1st Sept sommat clicked.  I think i changed my style esp in plo for the better although i still feel myself slipping back to old ways now and then.  This might be the reason to start playing less tables or keep it to say a 9 limit but not yet. 

Im more of a grinder than ever now and in the last 4 months certain aspects of my game have definitely improved.  I still get angry for no reason too often but not as often as before.  I still get impatient or even tilt but no where near what i used to.   Im kind of enjoying a new found love for plo which im hoping will last for some time yet i still worry and know that ive also run incredibly well since Sept.  Tracked games im just a sick amount up, its a shame i lost all my data before that time but in a way the fresh start seemed to help anyway.

2013 well what to expect....
Much of same at the moment, target promotions on 1 site mainly.
Also aiming to be able to cash in rakeback for $75,000 before the end of the year.  Hopefully by the end of the 3rd quarter or sooner.
A Vegas WSOP trip , dates should be out soon.  Im so addicted to online though ive got to be careful i dont book too long a trip out there !
Might treat myself to more than 1 trip to Caribbean, see how im doing come Feb or March but deffo wnna go back late in the year.
Would like to make £50k+ again but as long as my ev line is upwrds and i grind my ass off the rest dont matter in the long run :)

Good Luck in 2013 to all !!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well done Rob. Fantastic year, keep up the good work :)

Kev B