Saturday, March 21, 2009

Bellagio $1,080

46 runners i got off to a nice start with set over set. I then bust the table fish with JJ to peak at 37k (15k starting stack). Lost a chunk in the 3rd level though when i couldnt get a guy off JJ when i had an AK miss. Dribbled down and stayed between 15-25k for ages then. Patience was rewarded though when i raised with A5off in cutoff and big blind flatted me. Flop 542 and he check raised me allin with AK and i held to double up. I was playing pretty aggressive now and had a fairly loose image. I then raised with AK and held against an A8std short stack resteal and now had a average or better stack again 50k+. We were now down to 2 tables and were becoming shorthanded.

A huge hand now when i raised to 2400 preflop with QQ (800 bb) and got a caller on the button. Flop was K73ccx and i check called 3600. Turn was an 8 and i check called 6500 again confident i was good. River came Jc and again i checked, he moves allin for 29,500. I tanked for a minute but i wasnt about to go against my instinct as i didnt put him on the flush draw, i called and he immediately mucked. This took me to 85-90k, 690k in play by the way. 12 players left.

I had been floating between 85k and 110k for a while before my next key hand (8-9 players left pays 5) . Playing the 85k stack i raised 4800 (1600 blinds) with KQdd in the hijack and button chipleader bully fish flatted me. Flop came Ac8d7c and i led for 8000. He made it 18000 and i stuck all my high denomination chips out committing myself. I put him on a weak ace at best or more likely air and he tanked for ages before folding. I didnt show though as i knew i didnt want a mad image just yet :)

I stayed around the same stack until we were 4 handed and blinds were up more. Picked up a couple of hands and now went between 120-160k. Eventually the table bad loser bust in 4th after being rediculously lucky (although he thought he was unlucky!) and we were 3handed. Stacks were 150k 150k 390k roughly with blinds at 3/6. Payouts were approx $7,000,$11,000
and $20,000 but i wasnt even thinking of the money, i wanted the experience and the win.

Stacks moved up & down small amounts then my exit hand came for 3rd. Chipleader button 20,000 i moved allin for 135,000 as i know he was itching to make pot odds calls as he almost did against the other guy a few hands before. It was irrelevant though as he had an unfoldable AQoff but the ace hit the river and i got $6,650 for 3rd.

Pot would have took me to 290,000 vs about 2 x 150k stacks so gutted but it was preflop so i cant complain. 10 hours exactly it took so i dont fancy any $550 games today, may do some live omaha later for fun, leave 24 hours from now in whats been my shortest ever vegas trip :( but fun.

No comments: