Monday, December 31, 2007

6 Monthly / End Of Year Review

Another successful calendar year under my belt as a full time poker player. A final profit of £47,218 (Target was £36k-£48k and will be same for 2008). Also got about £10,000 worth of flight,hotel and buyins in Australia won and paid for to look forward to. (2006 £41k, 2005 £67k)

As with 2006 at times this game certainly messes with my head. I like to think the "2 year full time poker player honeymoon" is now definitely over. Im getting used to the grind cos in the end its just another way to earn a living. Saying that i want to appreciate the flexibility and the potential the game can offer in the long term more. I will try to enjoy the good bits more so the bad bits dont seem so bad. Never doubt the use of the blog for a rant or to highlight the good bits, its as valuable as ever for me.

No big live cashes this year but my WSOP performance was top notch by my own standards and certainly took my game to another level. Anyway here is a list of the big live games i played in 2007:

Las Vegas Pokerdome ($7,000)
Cardiff GUKPT (£1,050)
WSOP Main Event ($10,000)
London GUKPT (£1,050)


Best Month
April - Winning $24,000 for 1st in the Mansion $100k. Also won a 200 player freeroll on Ultimatebet for $2,500. Total profit for month £15,499.

Worst Month
Felt like August cos of first cash loss of £2,805 but poker pro package for Jan 2008 won worth £5000 on paper.
Actual worst month £1,942 profit in October, i still argue August felt much worse.

Im definitely more experienced now and a better all round player. Hopefully if i keep the solid part of my game up i can continue much the same in 2008. Its easy to think my year could rest on a good January which has a lot of potential, but i dont expect to win anything as i know that would just put pressure on me.

Extract from 2006 review which again applies although obviously for 2008 ----- "Who knows what 2007 will bring and thats the excitement of playing this game full time for a living"

GL readers for 2008 !

No comments: