Saturday, January 06, 2007

Hangovers And Poker Dont Mix ?

I actually played well and was nicely up earlier on cash tables, defintely in excess of $500. Then i came back for more this evening but my head was definitely not in the right place, it felt like i was playing out of boredom more than anything else. I came close to the bubble in the 12k £55 and lost a 50/50 for a huge pot in the 8k in the last quarter of the field.

Whilst this was going on i was probably playing far too many cash tables at once, again out of boredom. Anyway i lost a $500 pot 77 vs 69 on a A7810 board when i had pumped the flop and was not folding to any turn possible. Then towards the end of my session i lost another $400 pot when my AK raise got reraised and i reraised. The dummy had no idea where he was so flat called (as they do when they cant fold) and on a Axx board he bet 20$ and i raised him allin for 120 but he still called and of course spiked a J on the river.

Normally these pots arent so bad but i know i wasnt enjoying the game tonight as i could not cope with simple variance that im very used to at the moment and proceeded to have some lovely arguments with many persons at a table or 2 (which is obviously pointless and stupid).

Anyway im probably level or mayb 100-200$ down at the end of day but i must remember not to play when im really not in the mood, it will only put me off the game when the hangover has gone. I did play very disciplined drunk poker for 3 hours last night and made about $300 profit so all is still well in animalpoker even though i think i will switch off for the night early now.


Late Night Edit: (After a 3 hour break)

Played another $100, 450odd players and lost AA vs JJ to have gone 2/300ish early. Played agressive gambling and rebuilt my stack up but as i knew this was a crapshoot game i failed when i tryed to steal limpers chips and ran into 2 big hands but still had live cards. I also lost a couple of nasty beats after the AA that would have put me back to the top 20 or so but i think that tournament is cursed for me whether i get good hole cards or not its just too much luck involved in the end.

Recovered a bit on cash although i definitely made 1 or 2 really bad calls so at the end of the day im about the same as above 100-200$ down but cursing my luck a bit but also my attitude and 1 or 2 bad decisions.

No comments: