Thursday, January 11, 2007

$6000 And Gutted

Just crashed out of the 3am $100 over 5hrs 20mins into it. I lost a pot to go joint chip leader of 5, 10s vs A2off. The blinds were a crapshoot and i had plenty of luck to get where i did although i did play well for periods inbetween. 571 entrants and again it was a very close last minute decision whether to play tonight so i know ill be happy in a day or 2 about this result. At this time im just gutted and a bit livid. I also suffered a powercut with 5 players left that lost me 10% of my stack before that final pot. Payouts were:

1st $24,000, 2nd $15,000, 3rd $10,800, 4th $7,900 and me $6000 for 5th.

I tightened up significantly at the final table and let others battle out and climbed up the rankings until the stacks became much more level and the time to gamble came. I couldnt be happier with my final few tables play to be honest. Once i got to $6000 payout i viewed 3rd -5th as the same payout so was targeting 2nd or 1st so its obviously a bit disappointing.

Anyway i guess i better switch off and wind down, im totally knackered and drained but im sure i wont get to sleep for an hour or so after that poker rush.

No comments: