Friday, April 25, 2008

WSOP 2008

Whilst im almost definitely going over this year late June / early July i think its finally dawned on me that i need to get my ass into gear if im going to try and get in the main event. Recently, mtts are not my most favourite type of poker but im hoping i can put that aside and play sub qualifiers on a few different sites very soon. My cash games have been very good for the limited amount ive played this week and if i can put some serious effort into some wsop mtts hopefully i can grab a seat within the 2 months left.

So far my attempts to qualify have been very very limited. I was almost definitely going to rake a package recently on a previously mentioned site which decided to move network after i was well on target at 25% and not overplaying and actually enjoying the challenge 90%+ of the time. Thats gone to bed now as has a freeroll a month or so back (win only) where i came 3rd/60. Whilst i was also close on a couple of occasions to vegas lite or full packages on crypto these finals almost never run now due to limited numbers. Even if i had won i doubt i would have bought into the main event with the funds passing through my bank account. I always say for every package you win you come close in probably 2-3 others and its still something i sometimes struggle to get used to.

Having a 10,000euro package on hold (likely to be used on CPC cruise and not really appropriate for wsop) and having just used a $1500 one to pay for most of Newcastle GUKPT £1,060 main event i guess its only understandable ive not really been interested in mtt satellites into others.

I think my outlook has changed recently though, im relaxed and enjoying some types of poker a lot and i think im starting to relish the challenge of obtaining that WSOP package now time seems more limited.

Last year i grabbed one in what was probably my last satellite on Mansion and the rest was history. I learnt a lot from the main event last year and its long enough ago now that most thoughts are positive when i look back at it now despite the nasty way i eventually busted. I pretty much paid for the trip anyway with a 3rd in a Caesars mtt and without looking back at blog entries i know i was very unlucky not to cash in a largish (7 or 800) $550 field in the Venetian.

GL to any reader also trying to qualify, if you havent played in the main event before it is highly recommended and believe me if you get the right table the standard can be pretty shocking sometimes. Either way i guess i can look forward to a holiday similar to previous years and it surprises myself i havent been back to Vegas since July 2007. I guess ive just had enough trips away not to be too bothered, i know Australia made a big difference on my motivation for a Vegas Feb or March trip this year.

The sites have been investigated and noted in the diary, let the serious quest of qualifying begin here !!!

3 comments:

TEAMDOBB said...

Hope to cya there m8 booked deffo now for out 15th back 27th.
Ganna play the old mans over 50s event then back for Virgin at DTD

Anonymous said...

juicy catbird said....

Hope to cya there m8 almost booked deffo now. Also playing the old git event. U joining us? hehe

TEAMDOBB said...

he will easy pass the looks over 50 test juicey!!! wot u reckon?