Thursday, December 07, 2006

Is It Really That Bad ?

I dont think my online multi tournament skills have got any better or worse the last few months, main reason being i havent played as many as i used to because of cash games. Now ive played 10 games the last 3 nights from between $27 to $109 or £55 and i cant believe how bad the standard seems to have become. There are so many ridiculous plays, people just dont seem to have a clue what they are doing. The problem with winning in these games is i need to play tighter and thats difficult for me as i like to be in the action where possible. I try to tighten up but just cant resist playing some hands and havent cashed probably as a result so far although i know ive been unlucky in a few.

I bubbled tonight in the £55 multi (282 runners) pays to 30, i pushed with a gamble hand of only 9,10off. Reason being the bb had a similar weak stack so couldnt call without a biggie and there were only 2 players after me covering my stack. I had 5k and the next weak stack called for only 1800 then a big stack decides AJoff is good (which it wasnt as the other guy had 77) but i just dont understand the call, he could so easily be dominated. They see AJ, they call its as simple as that, no thought process into the fact it could be miles behind. Thats just an example of what i saw many times tonight, couldnt believe some of the stuff but i guess its encouraging for the long term money making. I need to work on being more patient for sure and adjust my techinique accordingly to maximise profits if i carry on playing these sort of games.

Cash unsuccessful today but not a big loss and i suppose had to be expected after yesterday.

No comments: