Sunday, September 09, 2007

Sept So Far

Nothing too exciting to report im afraid. Generally have dropped stakes in a lot of games with a few good value decent buyins mixed in. Cashed in 3 decent mtts (300-600entrants) but all just money or double money back. My luck deserts me at the end of mtts still and i now lose confidence waiting to get done over rather than enjoying it whichever way the result goes. Cash games also lower stake have gone ok and covered mtt buyins nicely, yesterday i actually ran well and im prob now a few hundred £ up for the month. Nothing major but better than a loss or level and obviously a little spare to enter 1 or 2 bigger games. Still moody at the tables without biting my tongue often which aint helping my game or my mood away from the tables.

Anyway i will continue the grind and see what happens. Also quite possibly a holiday at the end of Sept which i know would be very good for me for sure.


.............................................................later update

ah man its just so sick the pokergods could not be taking the piss anymore. decent stack in mansion and folds 10s pre (AA and KK out there),10 hits of course. If i was on tilt or shit i would have been leader of the 1000+ player game 33% stack more than 2nd placec with 200 players left but instead i drip chips off and end up bubbling 14 places from the 138 places paid.

that aint the true pisstake neway here it is, 72 players GUKPT sat and i finish 3rd with 2 seats available. With 6 or 7 left i got a double off idiot and went from rock to dominating the table, that is until only player 5 handed that can do me damage has AA when i overraise with QQ !!! . Was about joint 2nd/5 then and hung in playin good push poker targeting the right players and picking right spots all time. To cut an already too long story short with 3 left i was targeting the other short stack so i would be in a seat position if i got a lucky double. from me it was push push push, from him it was fold fold fold fold fold. Then finally at blinds of 1200/2400 i stick 32k allin with 10s from the button and he calls me with 88 and spikes an 8. I cant help but go nuts and i get the usual "im a good player, ive won these b4 and finished high in one of the live events bullshit" . Well yeh buddy that dont make u a good player, in fact you played like a wet fish the whole game and were the tightest player at the table and so easy to get free chips from. I laugh at the lucky rocks that think they are so much better than they are, note to you rocks u will win but it dont make u a great player especially when it comes to true short handed poker in a pressure situation. Fortunately luck is a big factor in poker and its why many many players will always rate themselves high (myself inc. i guess sometimes) and why there will always be money in this poker lark. Pokergods please smile on me soon and stop taking the piss out of me u hav now reached an all time high for sure.

5 comments:

JusticeFT96 said...

Totally disable the chat mate if you can, when I play on betunfair I close the chat down before the game has even started. If I start losing my rag it affects my game and I play rubbish basically.

Sounds like you need a good while off poker. Ive just had a month off, have come back now really enjoying the game, even when I get beat I will load up the next one and start again and think nothing of it.

Good luck anyway

Pirus

Unknown said...

Please post all hand histories of the bad beats thanks.

Anonymous said...

what happened to pete "oranges" blog? i used to enjoy reading that. you havent taken the link down??

Robert "Animal" Price said...

1) doesnt work im too quick at enabling chat when im about to explode :) and time off tempting but prefer playing through it at the moment, when the bad run does end it makes ya even more experienced player imo.

2) what r u on bout u hate hand histories, it aint about bad beats anyway its about luck in wrong places, u know that.

3) dunno im still trying to get him to bring back up but he been way too busy lately anyway

Anonymous said...

1. Yeh, keep the chat on and keep abusing please. Animal abuse is some of the finest I've seen. hehe.

2. lolol at "what r u on bout".

3. The anonymous poster who allegedly enjoyed reading oranges blog sounds a bit fishy to me. Clearly a piss take. But it's coming back anyway.

Pete