Monday, April 24, 2006

October 2005, the big month

Income remained steady for a few months, particluarly enjoyed the extra time available to me in late summer rather than being stuck in an office all day.

Then came my 2 best days in poker. I had played a $140 sub qualifier for the carribbean poker classic and got through to the $1000 final on a Friday night. Down to 8 players with 6 packages available the cryptologic software failed to balance the tables and i was left on a table of just 3 players. I did not want to collude but it became the only option as we were so shorthanded it would be unfair to play on so the folding began. Later or the next day there was an investigation launched by crypto into the game, i had no idea whether i would truly get a package although i emailed them explaining the software was at fault , not any of the 8 players. I found out a few days later the outcome but in the meantime....................

The following night i had already sub qualified for $70 to the $640 million$ guaranteed on Party Poker, so unaware of the cpc outcome i had to put that to the back of my mind and play what for me at the time was a very big buy in tournament. 8 Hours after the start i crashed out in 5th for $51,810 out of 1727 runners. This was my biggest win to date and remains it currently as well , about £30000 english.

I think it was the monday when i saw on the betfair forum that cryptologic recognised the software failure and agreed to send all 8 players to the CPC at the end of november.

No comments: